- FUTURE TOURS
- PAST TOURS
- OCTOBER 2016 BHUTAN
- 25 JUNE - 05 JULY 2016 TBILISI, TUSHETI PROVINCE, SHENAKO, DARTLO, PARSMA, ATSUNTA PASS, ARDOTI, SHATILI,KAZBEGI, TBILISI
- 15 - 27 JUNE 2016 TBILISI, KUTAISI, SVANETI AND BUTUMI
- 22 NOVEMBER - 9 DECEMBER 2015 INDIA
- 1 - 18 SEPTEMBER, 2015 UZBEKISTAN
- 5 - 25 JULY, 2015 KASHMIR AND LADAKH
- 23 JUNE - 4 JULY, 2015 LADAKH
- MAY 2015 EASTERN TURKEY
- 21 FEBRUARY - 6 MARCH, 2015 OMAN
- 14 NOVEMBER - 4 DECEMBER, 2014 MYANMAR
- 10 - 25 SEPTEMBER, 2014 TAJIKISTAN
- 10 - 28 SEPTEMBER 2013 INDONESIA
- 27 JUNE - 16 JULY 2012 TAJIKISTAN
- 28 JANUARY - 14 FEBRUARY 2011 INDIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 6 OCTOBER 2010 GEORGIA AND ARMENIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 14 OCTOBER 2009 BORNEO
- 28 OCTOBER - 8 NOVEMBER 2007 VIETNAM, CHINA AND LAOS
- 28 JULY - 14 AUGUST 2006 MONGOLIA
- COMING SOONEXPEDITION PLANNING
2017 TOUR OF JORDAN
Surrounded by countries with ongoing political issues, Jordan itself is relatively peaceful and it deserves to be crowded with visitors
- April 2017
- Starting in Amman and finishing at the Dead Sea
RSAA JORDAN 2017 From the sprawling city of Amman, gateway and ancient capital, we visit spectacular desert castles and Azraq Wetland Reserve before taking the 5,000 year old King’s Highway to Jerash and Ajloun to see local treasures and visit Syrian Refugees. We overnight in Madaba, the city of mosaics, and Mount Nebo, burial place of Moses, whose archaeological treasures are but a prelude to Petra, the fabled ‘rose red’ city hewn out of rock 2,000 years ago. Spirit yourself back to the time of Lawrence of Arabia in evocative Wadi Rum – a spectacular collection of rock formations known as jebels; enjoy the traditional hospitality of Bedouin people as you camp out in the stark desert landscape; marvel at the numerous and outstanding mosques and soak up the atmosphere in this largely undiscovered destination. We have included a number of ‘present day’ meetings with local experts in their fields and some short hiking opportunities in some of the many nature reserves before we end our tour at the mineral rich Dead Sea. Here we will float in the salty waters, a relaxing end to a busy and fascinating itinerary.
Guide Price: £2995 per person based on 10 – 15 people travelling.
£460 per person single supplement (please note for the one night at Ajloun, you may need to share).
For full details of inclusions, exclusions and itinerary, contact Fiona Brijnath, Far Frontiers Travel Ltd on 01837 840640 and email: email@example.com.
NB. RSAA tours are for members only and members aged 70 and above require a medical certificate.
Under the Same Shade: Three Years of Working on the Roof of the World
Where: The Royal Asiatic Society, 14 Stephenson Way, London NW1 (Nearest tube stations Euston Square and Euston mainline).
Lecture starts at 1.15pm and finishes by 2.30pm. The sandwich lunch, from 12.30pm, must be booked by 2.30pm the day before.
Tickets: FreeFind out more > Show me all upcoming events