- FUTURE TOURS
- PAST TOURS
- OCTOBER 2016 BHUTAN
- 25 JUNE - 05 JULY 2016 TBILISI, TUSHETI PROVINCE, SHENAKO, DARTLO, PARSMA, ATSUNTA PASS, ARDOTI, SHATILI,KAZBEGI, TBILISI
- 15 - 27 JUNE 2016 TBILISI, KUTAISI, SVANETI AND BUTUMI
- 22 NOVEMBER - 9 DECEMBER 2015 INDIA
- 1 - 18 SEPTEMBER, 2015 UZBEKISTAN
- 5 - 25 JULY, 2015 KASHMIR AND LADAKH
- 23 JUNE - 4 JULY, 2015 LADAKH
- MAY 2015 EASTERN TURKEY
- 21 FEBRUARY - 6 MARCH, 2015 OMAN
- 14 NOVEMBER - 4 DECEMBER, 2014 MYANMAR
- 10 - 25 SEPTEMBER, 2014 TAJIKISTAN
- 10 - 28 SEPTEMBER 2013 INDONESIA
- 27 JUNE - 16 JULY 2012 TAJIKISTAN
- 28 JANUARY - 14 FEBRUARY 2011 INDIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 6 OCTOBER 2010 GEORGIA AND ARMENIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 14 OCTOBER 2009 BORNEO
- 28 OCTOBER - 8 NOVEMBER 2007 VIETNAM, CHINA AND LAOS
- 28 JULY - 14 AUGUST 2006 MONGOLIA
- COMING SOONEXPEDITION PLANNING
2017 INDIA TOUR: GUJARAT AND RAJASTHAN
An exciting opportunity to visit two areas of India famous for their textiles (Gujarat) and as a kingdom of palaces (Rajasthan).
- 07 February - 24 February 2017
- Western India
RSAA 2017 tour to Gujarat and Rajasthan This 18 day tour starts with an overnight flight from London to Mumbai, followed by in internal flight to Bhuj, which still retains many of the beautiful historic monuments that made it one of Western India’s prettiest cities. We visit the textile and leather handicraft centres for which Bhuj and Kutch are famous. Thence a drive out to the Chari Dand grasslands, one of the last remaining unaltered grassland habitats that made Kutch the home of colourful shepherd communities and some magnificent wildlife. A 6 hour drive east of Bhuj takes us to the villages of Ajrakpur and Dhamadka, where the art of wood block printing on textiles originated, to Rann Riders camp (two nights stay), followed with a late afternoon drive into the salt pans and desert as we look for wildlife including the last population of Indian wild ass. We have a day trip to Patan and Modhera Sun Temple and then head to Ahmedabad, stopping at Lothal. Various visits in and around Ahmedabad plus a day trip to Champaner and then we are off to Dungarpur to stay at the beautiful Udal Bilas Palace. From there to Devigarh visiting Eklingji and Nagada. Another drive to Bundi, via Chittorgarh – the legendary fortress capital of Mewar. With time spent to explore Bundi, we then drive to Udaipur for the last night at Lake Palace, Udaipur and then depart for London, connecting at Delhi.
To register your interest please contact Davina Roberts at The Explorations Company on 01367 850566 or by email on D.Roberts@explorationscompany.com Limited places are available.
NB. This tour is for RSAA members only. Members aged 70 and over require a medical certificate
Sikunder Burnes: Master of the ‘Great Game’
Where: The Royal Asiatic Society, 14 Stephenson Way, London NW1 2HD [Nearest Underground Stations Euston Square or Warren Street]
Lecture starts at 1.15pm and ends around 2.30pm. A sandwich lunch is available from 12.30pm and must be booked via the office by 2.30pm the day before.
Tickets: Free: Members and their guests only.Find out more > Show me all upcoming events