- FUTURE TOURS
- PAST TOURS
- OCTOBER 2016 BHUTAN
- 25 JUNE - 05 JULY 2016 TBILISI, TUSHETI PROVINCE, SHENAKO, DARTLO, PARSMA, ATSUNTA PASS, ARDOTI, SHATILI,KAZBEGI, TBILISI
- 15 - 27 JUNE 2016 TBILISI, KUTAISI, SVANETI AND BUTUMI
- 22 NOVEMBER - 9 DECEMBER 2015 INDIA
- 1 - 18 SEPTEMBER, 2015 UZBEKISTAN
- 5 - 25 JULY, 2015 KASHMIR AND LADAKH
- 23 JUNE - 4 JULY, 2015 LADAKH
- MAY 2015 EASTERN TURKEY
- 21 FEBRUARY - 6 MARCH, 2015 OMAN
- 14 NOVEMBER - 4 DECEMBER, 2014 MYANMAR
- 10 - 25 SEPTEMBER, 2014 TAJIKISTAN
- 10 - 28 SEPTEMBER 2013 INDONESIA
- 27 JUNE - 16 JULY 2012 TAJIKISTAN
- 28 JANUARY - 14 FEBRUARY 2011 INDIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 6 OCTOBER 2010 GEORGIA AND ARMENIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 14 OCTOBER 2009 BORNEO
- 28 OCTOBER - 8 NOVEMBER 2007 VIETNAM, CHINA AND LAOS
- 28 JULY - 14 AUGUST 2006 MONGOLIA
- COMING SOONEXPEDITION PLANNING
2018 WILD GEORGIA RSAA Budget Tour
The Society will be returning to the Caucasus with a short but fascinating and physically challenging tour to Georgia.
- September 2018
- Svaneti - a remote mountainous region
In September 2018 the Society will be returning to the Caucasus with a short but fascinating and physically challenging tour to Georgia. The primary focus is on the remote mountainous region of Svaneti. The itinerary includes the scenic Okatse Canyon; the UNESCO-listed villages of Upper Svaneti, which are the highest in Europe and notable for their medieval towers; and a five-day trek from Ushguli to Khale, Adishi, Jabeshi, Mestia, and Becho.
Due to its nature, this tour is only suitable for members with a medium-high level of physical fitness. Accommodation will be in basic mountain guesthouses whilst trekking, and in 2*-3* accommodation elsewhere. Full details of the itinerary and what is included in the price are available from the office, or from Travel the Unknown (www.traveltheunknown.com; ATOL member 9854). Booking enquiries should be sent to David McGuinness (firstname.lastname@example.org; 020 7183 6371).
Price: £1,325pp (including flights). Single room supplement £100.
Under the Same Shade: Three Years of Working on the Roof of the World
Where: The Royal Asiatic Society, 14 Stephenson Way, London NW1 (Nearest tube stations Euston Square and Euston mainline).
Lecture starts at 1.15pm and finishes by 2.30pm. The sandwich lunch, from 12.30pm, must be booked by 2.30pm the day before.
Tickets: FreeFind out more > Show me all upcoming events