- FUTURE TOURS
- PAST TOURS
- 13 - 29 SEPTEMBER 2017 THE THREE GREAT PROVINCES OF SUMATRA
- APRIL 2017 STARTING IN AMMAN AND FINISHING AT THE DEAD SEA
- 07 FEBRUARY - 24 FEBRUARY 2017 WESTERN INDIA
- OCTOBER 2016 BHUTAN
- 25 JUNE - 05 JULY 2016 TBILISI, TUSHETI PROVINCE, SHENAKO, DARTLO, PARSMA, ATSUNTA PASS, ARDOTI, SHATILI,KAZBEGI, TBILISI
- 15 - 27 JUNE 2016 TBILISI, KUTAISI, SVANETI AND BUTUMI
- 22 NOVEMBER - 9 DECEMBER 2015 INDIA
- 1 - 18 SEPTEMBER, 2015 UZBEKISTAN
- 5 - 25 JULY, 2015 KASHMIR AND LADAKH
- 23 JUNE - 4 JULY, 2015 LADAKH
- MAY 2015 EASTERN TURKEY
- 21 FEBRUARY - 6 MARCH, 2015 OMAN
- 14 NOVEMBER - 4 DECEMBER, 2014 MYANMAR
- 10 - 25 SEPTEMBER, 2014 TAJIKISTAN
- 10 - 28 SEPTEMBER 2013 INDONESIA
- 27 JUNE - 16 JULY 2012 TAJIKISTAN
- 28 JANUARY - 14 FEBRUARY 2011 INDIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 6 OCTOBER 2010 GEORGIA AND ARMENIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 14 OCTOBER 2009 BORNEO
- 28 OCTOBER - 8 NOVEMBER 2007 VIETNAM, CHINA AND LAOS
- 28 JULY - 14 AUGUST 2006 MONGOLIA
- COMING SOONEXPEDITION PLANNING
2015 Painting Tour to Oman
The RSAA's first specialised tour is for artists, with a preference for those working in water colours.
- 21 February - 6 March, 2015
The first event in the RSAA’s new and expanded tour schedule will be a short (13-day UK-to-UK) tour in February-March 2015 of a new and specialised kind. It will be specifically for artists, with a preference for those working in the water-colour medium since the tour will be accompanied by a professional tutor, Hugh Buchanan, who is a leading Scottish water-colourist. Accommodation will be in hotels throughout, normally with sandwich lunches. We shall depart the UK by night flight to Muscat on Omanair on Saturday 21 February, returning by day flight on Friday 6 March. Travel in Oman will be partly in four-by-fours with local drivers, partly by minibus.
On arrival at Muscat we shall head inland to spend three nights at a scenically situated hotel high in the mountain range of Jebel Akhdar. From there a short descent will take us southward to the ancient walled city of Nizwa, our base for the next four nights. Nizwa is known for its colourful markets, and will be a centre for excursions eg to desert forts, ruined villages, castles, and a spectacular canyon in the Jebel Shams. From Nizwa an eastward journey, passing the famous Wahiba Sands, will take us to three nights at Sur, a picturesque port with a traditional dhow-building industry, and a centre for excursions along a coast noted for its rugged landscapes, with a turtle beach as an optional extra. Finally we shall return by the coast road to Muscat for two nights, with sightseeing as well as painting opportunities, before our return flight.
The basic cost of this tour is £2,895 per person and the single room supplement is £495. Those interested in participating must be members of the Society. Numbers will be limited to 15 (plus tutor) at a maximum – and bids will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Would-be participants are therefore advised to make their interest know as soon as possible to our tour operator, Omantravel Ltd of 62 Church Road, London SW13 0DQ (telephone 020 8748 6630, fax 0872 110 8021, email email@example.com) , who will be asking for an initial deposit of £400 per person.
All those coming on this tour must be fully insured against medical and other contingencies, for the consequences of which the Society cannot accept any responsibility. In addition, those over seventy should have a doctor’s certificate stating that they are fit to undertake this particular tour. A copy of that certificate should be sent to the Society’s office when an eventual firm booking is made with the tour operator: this will be an essential condition of their participating in the tour.