- FUTURE TOURS
- PAST TOURS
- 13 - 29 SEPTEMBER 2017 THE THREE GREAT PROVINCES OF SUMATRA
- APRIL 2017 STARTING IN AMMAN AND FINISHING AT THE DEAD SEA
- 07 FEBRUARY - 24 FEBRUARY 2017 WESTERN INDIA
- OCTOBER 2016 BHUTAN
- 25 JUNE - 05 JULY 2016 TBILISI, TUSHETI PROVINCE, SHENAKO, DARTLO, PARSMA, ATSUNTA PASS, ARDOTI, SHATILI,KAZBEGI, TBILISI
- 15 - 27 JUNE 2016 TBILISI, KUTAISI, SVANETI AND BUTUMI
- 22 NOVEMBER - 9 DECEMBER 2015 INDIA
- 1 - 18 SEPTEMBER, 2015 UZBEKISTAN
- 5 - 25 JULY, 2015 KASHMIR AND LADAKH
- 23 JUNE - 4 JULY, 2015 LADAKH
- MAY 2015 EASTERN TURKEY
- 21 FEBRUARY - 6 MARCH, 2015 OMAN
- 14 NOVEMBER - 4 DECEMBER, 2014 MYANMAR
- 10 - 25 SEPTEMBER, 2014 TAJIKISTAN
- 10 - 28 SEPTEMBER 2013 INDONESIA
- 27 JUNE - 16 JULY 2012 TAJIKISTAN
- 28 JANUARY - 14 FEBRUARY 2011 INDIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 6 OCTOBER 2010 GEORGIA AND ARMENIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 14 OCTOBER 2009 BORNEO
- 28 OCTOBER - 8 NOVEMBER 2007 VIETNAM, CHINA AND LAOS
- 28 JULY - 14 AUGUST 2006 MONGOLIA
- COMING SOONEXPEDITION PLANNING
2014 TOUR OF MYANMAR
This year's RSAA tour will be a cultural tour of Myanmar. It will take place from Nov 14 to Dec 4 and will be escorted by Julian Brown, an expert on South East Asia.
- 14 November - 4 December, 2014
This tour is now fully subscribed. No more applications can at present be accepted.
Following a change of policy in May 2011, the party of Aung San Suu Kyi – the National League for Democracy in Burma – made an announcement that month encouraging informed and respectful visits to Burma.
As Southeast Asia modernizes rapidly, Myanmar remains the last country in the region relatively unchanged over the last thirty years. This tour, specially planned for the members of the Royal Society for Asian Affairs will take in some of the major places of Burma such as Bagan, Mandalay and Yangon but also some much less visited sites such as Loikaw, Hpa’an and Mawlamyine . The journey will combine traditional historical, cultural and artistic themes as well as a focus on present-day Burma. Under the auspices of the RSAA offices, a number of special meetings and events are being planned for the party.
The basic cost of the tour is £3,750 per person and the single room supplement is £830. A deposit of £150 is required to confirm your place.