- FUTURE TOURS
- PAST TOURS
- OCTOBER 2016 BHUTAN
- 25 JUNE - 05 JULY 2016 TBILISI, TUSHETI PROVINCE, SHENAKO, DARTLO, PARSMA, ATSUNTA PASS, ARDOTI, SHATILI,KAZBEGI, TBILISI
- 15 - 27 JUNE 2016 TBILISI, KUTAISI, SVANETI AND BUTUMI
- 22 NOVEMBER - 9 DECEMBER 2015 INDIA
- 1 - 18 SEPTEMBER, 2015 UZBEKISTAN
- 5 - 25 JULY, 2015 KASHMIR AND LADAKH
- 23 JUNE - 4 JULY, 2015 LADAKH
- MAY 2015 EASTERN TURKEY
- 21 FEBRUARY - 6 MARCH, 2015 OMAN
- 14 NOVEMBER - 4 DECEMBER, 2014 MYANMAR
- 10 - 25 SEPTEMBER, 2014 TAJIKISTAN
- 10 - 28 SEPTEMBER 2013 INDONESIA
- 27 JUNE - 16 JULY 2012 TAJIKISTAN
- 28 JANUARY - 14 FEBRUARY 2011 INDIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 6 OCTOBER 2010 GEORGIA AND ARMENIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 14 OCTOBER 2009 BORNEO
- 28 OCTOBER - 8 NOVEMBER 2007 VIETNAM, CHINA AND LAOS
- 28 JULY - 14 AUGUST 2006 MONGOLIA
- COMING SOONEXPEDITION PLANNING
2011 TOUR OF CENTRAL INDIA
A Cultural Tour of Central India including the major sites of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- 28 January - 14 February 2011
It was good to be back in India, five years after our memorable tour of the South. This time, our large, but cohesive, group of seven nationalities followed a twisting course from Delhi, via Varanasi, through various sites in Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra less familiar to the Western tourist, to our terminus in Mumbai. We were treated to a rich and wondrous fare of temples, monasteries, rock carvings and caves, palaces, forts, stupas, mosques, tombs, sculptures and bas-reliefs, elegant wall and ceiling paintings, and much else, variously of Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Moslem provenance. They spanned millennia which saw count- less waves of invaders from the north-west clashing with, and sometimes subjugating, the indigenous inhabitants, who lived in hundreds of small kingdoms perpetually at war with each other. To unravel this complexity, we were fortunate in having an outstandingly good and popular Indian chief guide.
Under the Same Shade: Three Years of Working on the Roof of the World
Where: The Royal Asiatic Society, 14 Stephenson Way, London NW1 (Nearest tube stations Euston Square and Euston mainline).
Lecture starts at 1.15pm and finishes by 2.30pm. The sandwich lunch, from 12.30pm, must be booked by 2.30pm the day before.
Tickets: FreeFind out more > Show me all upcoming events