- FUTURE TOURS
- PAST TOURS
- OCTOBER 2016 BHUTAN
- 25 JUNE - 05 JULY 2016 TBILISI, TUSHETI PROVINCE, SHENAKO, DARTLO, PARSMA, ATSUNTA PASS, ARDOTI, SHATILI,KAZBEGI, TBILISI
- 15 - 27 JUNE 2016 TBILISI, KUTAISI, SVANETI AND BUTUMI
- 22 NOVEMBER - 9 DECEMBER 2015 INDIA
- 1 - 18 SEPTEMBER, 2015 UZBEKISTAN
- 5 - 25 JULY, 2015 KASHMIR AND LADAKH
- 23 JUNE - 4 JULY, 2015 LADAKH
- MAY 2015 EASTERN TURKEY
- 21 FEBRUARY - 6 MARCH, 2015 OMAN
- 14 NOVEMBER - 4 DECEMBER, 2014 MYANMAR
- 10 - 25 SEPTEMBER, 2014 TAJIKISTAN
- 10 - 28 SEPTEMBER 2013 INDONESIA
- 27 JUNE - 16 JULY 2012 TAJIKISTAN
- 28 JANUARY - 14 FEBRUARY 2011 INDIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 6 OCTOBER 2010 GEORGIA AND ARMENIA
- 26 SEPTEMBER - 14 OCTOBER 2009 BORNEO
- 28 OCTOBER - 8 NOVEMBER 2007 VIETNAM, CHINA AND LAOS
- 28 JULY - 14 AUGUST 2006 MONGOLIA
- COMING SOONEXPEDITION PLANNING
2010 TOUR OF GEORGIA AND ARMENIA
The RSAA's first ever tour to the Caucasus.
- 26 September - 6 October 2010
- Georgia and Armenia
This was the first ever visit by the Society to the Caucasus region, specifically to Georgia and then Armenia. The main historical focus was on their churches and monasteries and the development of Christianity, often against the odds, following its introduction to both countries in the 4th c A.D. The 23 strong party went first to Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia before making visits to a number of monasteries and towns including Gori, Stalin’s birthplace, and Kasbegi. In Armenia the tour started at Lake Sevan, then visited several other destinations before finally reaching the capital Yerevan.
Under the Same Shade: Three Years of Working on the Roof of the World
Where: The Royal Asiatic Society, 14 Stephenson Way, London NW1 (Nearest tube stations Euston Square and Euston mainline).
Lecture starts at 1.15pm and finishes by 2.30pm. The sandwich lunch, from 12.30pm, must be booked by 2.30pm the day before.
Tickets: FreeFind out more > Show me all upcoming events